Having regular air conditioning service completed at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Bossier City summer, have the specialists at Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illicitly freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We recommend looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning today at 800-COOLING.