During the cold Bossier City months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning ASAP if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning at 800-COOLING or arrange an appointment with us online.