When it’s cold in Bossier City you depend on your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system seems to be working well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can impede air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you could need a furnace repair. The more promptly you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You could have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You might have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you raised the temperature again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could indicate a few different problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your house.
4. Your monthly bill keeps growing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps increasing. This could indicate some different problems. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and cut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC technicians to repair.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The pros at Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.