Make your life easier—start preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures turn up. You can save on your energy bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are running your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic increase in costs and damaging wear and tear on your air conditioner. Keep your system working efficiently with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning professional each year. This is vital to keep your unit working for the long haul. Our technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and keep an eye out for trouble areas to head off any possible problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more pricey repairs.
Just some of the perks a professional air conditioning service will present you:
- Cooling cycle appraisal
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and during the year to ensure your AC is working at peak performance.
- Clear the space around your unit. Make sure there aren’t grass or weeds growing too close to your air conditioner, which can obstruct airflow. Remove piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your exterior unit was covered during the winter months, make sure to uncover it. You can damage your system if you operate your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could result in big repairs or an entire replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during the annual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters on a monthly basis and replace them when needed! Different homes have different air filter replacement needs. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you ought to change them on a more regular basis.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your space healthy too! If you follow these easy steps, your AC will be ready for whatever this summer can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.