People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. Your personal smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. With it, you can control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can be hard to keep up with, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, so that means you can use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, but they can also learn your patterns and routines by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and make adjustments to the temperature accordingly.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats over the last few years. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more popular and affordable. If you don’t have one, now is a good time to educate yourself about them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control your home comfort levels—even when you’re away from home. You’ll also enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will automatically make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to make an appointment for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and let you know when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. The majority of smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide array of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats can help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you opportunities to lower your energy bills. Call Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning in Bossier City at 800-COOLING. We have a great selection of thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be confident we’ll have one to match your needs.