Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Bossier City during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Brooks Heating and Air Conditioning at 800-COOLING and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.